North Carolina Property Mappers Association

Mapping the future since 1980




John "Gil" Robbins Beaufort County
President 2004

You never cease to amaze me! I sit in my office checking my email and they arrive sometimes quicker than I can read them. This year we had Rich (Edgecombe County) set up an Executive Board mail group. I wanted all of the executive board to know what was going on at all times and requested that we use this group for all correspondence between board members. I watched in awe as the group went about its business. They worked on all aspects of organizational government from membership and finance through the organization of our workshops. I watched with particular interest as they went about the business of setting up these workshops. They were built before my eyes with both speed and care. Offers of assistance from each other and their reliance on the capabilities of each member has developed was extraordinary to watch. Every member of this organization should be equally proud of what these people do for you. The point is, each of you have talents that you bring to the table and you should not underestimate yourselves. This organization needs you! Do what you can to make us better, stronger and more versatile.

This year we concentrated our efforts on streamlining some of our processes. We analyzed our finance methodology, or publications and our membership. Through the efforts of a Presidential Task Force dedicated to membership, about 90% of North Carolina counties are now represented in our association. This required special mailings, the revival of the hard copy North Arrow, and the extra effort of many. But we still need the other 10%. Help us get them onboard as well.

We have devised a budget plan that assigns accounts to various committees and functions rather than to items. This will allow us to better manage our funds and identify where, when, and by whom our money is being spent. As time goes by we should be better able to project expenditures and account for all moneys.

As all of this is going on we continue to plan and prepare for what we hope will be a quality mapping school and fall conference loaded with excellent learning and personal networking potential. We hope you will make the best of it. If you do it makes the efforts of all of us worthwhile.

Have a good year and thank you for the opportunity to serve you!

Sincerely,

Gil


Return to the NCPMA Past Presidents Page.